Friday, October 14, 2016

STYLE || A LIL SKIN AND SOME TRUTH





I'm sure you are wondering what's with the title?
I've been racking my head for days trying to come up with a suitable title for this post, completely futile.

I've to admit maybe the stress at work is finally getting to me or my creative juice is completely drained or it's time for me to face my new reality. I'm sure you are wondering what's this new reality I speak of right? 

My new reality is a world  filled with fear and a lot of self-doubt *breathes slowly* it took me a while but I'm finally admitting it.




I find myself constantly questioning everything and all sorts of thoughts keep popping in my mind, amidst scattered thoughts, I had an epiphany that birth the title of this post.





The bitter truth is that I feel like I don't share enough about me on my blog, True? I fear that my blog might just be a bit impersonal and I think it's time to fix that. 
Here's the problem, deep down I haven't exactly registered certain things in my mind, I guess I'm still transitioning into this blogging phase.

Funny, how I never actually like to tell people that I'm a blogger, fear that I lack quality content or that I don't know jack shii about blogging  and that beginner's luck got me this far or not?

So, my lovely readers, this is my first attempt at sharing some truth. 
This is me sharing a few of my ugly thought so that you can actually see me for who I am.
 Just an evolving creative, learning, making mistakes and finally admitting to myself that it is okay to make mistakes and most importantly don't let the best of self-doubt get to me. 

Thanks for all your immeasurable support and understanding, for always believing in a baby girl

Now let's talk about this outfit.




This sizzling black piece with a bit of an overall/pinafore dress detail is one of the pieces from Meriah Baccci latest collection. I talked out the first piece I wore here, I also reviewed  her collection here  (do check out both post).
In this post, I talked about stepping outside my comfort zone and trying out new things. I chose to style this dress differently (Peek a boob) *lol* without an inner wear (blouse or shirt). Check out the look book here.



I decided to wear this chunky necklace (a gift from my sis) which has been lying cold inside my jewellery box for a while, white beaded bracelets, a pair of off white/nude box heeled sandals and a red lippie to finish off the look. Viola!!!!





OUTFIT DETAILS
Dress- Meriah Baccci
Shoes- Soda
Necklace- Gifted
Hair- Wig Alex 
Glasses- Haute Signatures

What do you think out this outfit?
How would you style it?




P.S- I'm planning a giveaway with Dammy of lifeofdammy.com. I'll also be having a series titled "Thrift Seriessharing thrift tales and more featuring a few fashion and style bloggers here on my blog. Deets will be out in my next post.

P.P.S- Do visit www.barbasandzacari.com for your lovely timepieces and more.
Use my code "ILAMOSI" to get a lovely 15% discount on your purchase.

Also, you can get a lovely 10% discount on your wig making services from Alex of nappyhaired by using my code "PRAISE007". Click  here for more deets.

 You can thank me later.

Connect with me via
41 comments on "STYLE || A LIL SKIN AND SOME TRUTH"
  1. My super star.. I love the dress and my dear we all make mistakes and we all are still growing. I think this dress would suit me though. Just thinking out loud. www.adagirl.com.ng

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praise, the hot chic!! You look amazing. The outfit is perfect. I don't really tell people I'm a blogger too for too many reasons I can't even start explaining. I think it's perfectly normal. For me, I sometimes feel like I share too much on my blog but I can't help it really. I don't think you sound impersonal on here but personal posts would be really cool too. It's all part of the evolving process. Gosh, I thought I was alone on the serious racking of brain for post titles. I enjoyed reading this post. xxx
    Laitanbee Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Laitan*inserts blushing emoji* Thanks dear. I actually thought I was alone, the issue of not telling people that I'm a blogger seemed like a very bad thing but it feels good to know that you also feel the same way.
      One of the many things I love about your blog is that personal tone that you have and I'll try to be more personal on my blog too. Thanks for your kind words and encouragement. Big hugs dear

      Delete
  3. Praise, I don't think your blog is impersonal, and I get your plight about feeling inadequate. But baby your content gives me life, I sometimes wish I had as many style posts as you do but I'm more writer than fashionista and that's okay because people are different. You just need to work more on your weaknesses and optimize your strengths. You can try new things but don't go out of your way to be like 'other bloggers'. BTW that dress...sexy. Keep on shining girl, and don't let anyone stop you, not even you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks darling, I'm definitely going to work on that and yeah you are right everyone is different. I always love to visit your blog for a good read because yo write so beautifully.
      Thanks again for the sweet words and advice.

      Delete
  4. You look hot! This is too much for me😨
    I love your shoes, what size are you again?

    Is it weird that if I have a conversation with someone for over 10 mins they already know I'm a blogger,big mouth issues 😀😀

    And for blog titles, I've given up

    Happy to read more personal posts

    https://funkeolotu.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Funke.
      I wear a size 39, I don't think it is weird at all.
      This post title thing is so tiring, I'll just wing it.

      Delete
  5. Baby girl you slayed this look!! I doubt I can even rock this and slay. I think overtime we have feelings that we are not doing enough on the blog, trust me your posts are very quality and not impersonal . it can only get better

    thoniabankz.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Firstly, you slayed this look. I'm totally in love with it. Secondly, baby your blog is bomb, you've gotta tell people though, only then will you probably find someone who could also help us perhaps a photographer but I won't lie I also feel shy when someone is like hey I saw your blog or you're a blogger right? Sometimes I'm like when I get bigger and better I'll be prouder of the whole blogging thing but then again I'm like hey who cares, baby steps and I'll one day grow into an adult blogger. Flaunt your blog baby girl.

    www.myvoguelife

    ReplyDelete
  7. The dress is really nice, with a touch of sexiness.
    You look great in it! :)
    xo
    Sauniya | Find Your Bliss ♡

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is a nice dress!

    www.KacheeTee.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is a bold look and you slayed it. Love the way you styled it.
    I can't rock it like this tho,would have worn a shirt.
    Girl the topic struggle is everywhere and we all have doubts that we dont measure up but it's ok.
    Love tge fact you shared this, i even feel i get too personal on the blog.
    Itsdivadiaries.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks dear. The topic struggle is never ending and I love personal you get on your blog. It one of the many things I enjoy.

      Delete
  10. I'm totally with you about the sharing personal and topic racking, sometimes I don't tell people I'm a blogger, other times I do depending on the energy I'm on (lol). Everyone is getting the hang of blogging and I'm sure you will. Have I said how hot you looking in this dress?! Slay on dear. God's got you!
    www.moonwalkertalks.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks dear for your sweet words, it truly means a lot to me.

      Delete
  11. The dress looks nice,you look sexy, you slayed the dress. Pls I need your help I started a blog with blogger but I can't seem to find it on any search engine. Pls how did you get yours to start showing pls help me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Favour. Pls send me a dm on IG or an email.

      Delete
  12. Hey Praise. Looking hot and sturvz. I like this look a lot. When I started blogging, I also felt like I didn't share a lot about myself.

    Mira La Belle blog

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely dress. This is a good way to be open to your readers. After reading this post I doubt your blog is impersonal anymore. You did a good job styling the dress and discussing your fears. Now, it's time to face the fears one by one. You can do it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Benita for the swet words of encouragement & also thanks for stopping by. Pls come back again.

      Delete
  14. There cones a time and times in the life of a human when self doubth over takes the person, ur staying strong and believing in your self is all ingredients one needs to face challenges and remove that self doubth.. Good dress though.




    Brendascouch.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Now thats one dress I wouldnt go close to. Chicken like me. I can peek a boo nothing o lol.

    Stop with the doubt and give whatever you want a try. You never know...

    Kisses
    Epiphany29.com
    Lekki Conservation Centre || Overcoming Fear

    ReplyDelete
  16. I am a first timer on this blog and I am loving it! Please do not be shy to tell people you blog, it is a creative venture. Abeg sell you blog market biko
    www.ethniques.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Uju
      Welcome, i'm glad you stopped by.I'm definitely going to take your advice and pls come back again. Going to check your blog out.

      Delete
  17. Darling, this look is everything! Won't sit well on me though; overly endowed in some areas ;)

    One thing I've learnt about blogging is you don't have to share every detail of you life to become personal. So don't feel pressured to do that. You're doing a great job.

    Funmi xx
    http://funmialabi.co.uk/feminine-appeal

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Funmi
      Thanks. I'm sure you can pull off this look, You can definitely add your own touch to spice it up and all.
      Thanks for the advice and sweet word of encouragement. I truly appreciate it.

      Delete
    2. Hi Funmi
      Thanks. I'm sure you can pull off this look, You can definitely add your own touch to spice it up and all.
      Thanks for the advice and sweet word of encouragement. I truly appreciate it.

      Delete
  18. Girl you slayed the life out of this outfit and I know that feeling of not being so personal and all. I think with time you would get more personal. You look beautiful as always l

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love your dress
    I can totally relate, I hardly ever tell people I blog and there are times when I feel like my contents aren't good enough. We'll all be fine, just have to take baby steps in improving your self and not doubting yourself ����

    ReplyDelete
  20. The dress is fire! Made you look fierce! I actually have the same problem with introducing myself as a blogger also and when my friends try to do so, I always try to stop them. I don't know if it's because I lack self confidence (I'm super shy btw) but I'm starting to let go and let the world happen because your impression matters in the blogging world.

    Thestreethaute.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. Thanks dear.
    Yeah you are absolutely correct, impression matters a lot. I guess i used to be shy too but I've worked on that.
    Cheers to new start and embracing the transitioning phase.

    ReplyDelete

Your opinion means a lot to me. Don't forget to share your thoughts with me by leaving your comment

Custom Post Signature