Sunday, July 31, 2016

STYLE || OFF SHOULDER X DIY FRAYED DENIM








All the fine girls have joined gang, lol. That’s the tune that keeps playing in my head as I sit writing this post. Well it’s official. I’ve joined gang, the off-shoulder gang.


I’ve never been the type to follow trends but this particular trend has refused to go out of style. So yeah, I finally decided to join the off shoulder gang not only because it is a super-hot trend among fashion bloggers (the cocopolitan, Grace Alex, Toyin with fashion, DeeMako, SogieCassie Daves, The brownie etc) but also I recently decided to start playing outside my comfort zone.


Let me explain that sentence. In this Post, You will remember that I described my style as very simple, laidback and conservative. I’ll like to add evolving to the list now. My style is still evolving and right now I’m currently trying out new things.



My perception about this trend over the years has been a bit shallow(covers face) I always believed that this trend was only suitable for the endowed girls (big breast and all, lol) what do you think?
Thank God my mind set has completely changed and now I’m a believer that anyone can actually pull off this trend.


The Off shoulder trend is the epitome of femininity and sexy all combined in one. The trend go way back to the 60s, it is a true classic.


 I decided to pair my blue polka dots off shoulder blouse with my DIY frayed denim jeans which I thrifted at Yaba for 500 naira. I thought the jeans looked a little too boring so I gave it a makeover which cost 2 whole days of my time but it was totally worth it (inclusive of my lunch break, sleep, Tv time etc.)

For the accessories, I chose a pair of white shoes and bronze purse which I’ve had for quite some time now, gold hopped earrings and a pair of sunglasses
Have you tried out the off shoulder trend? How did you rock yours? What do you think about my outfit? How do you perceive the trend?
OUTFIT DETAILS
Off shoulder blouse - Tailored
Choker- DIY
Frayed DIY Denim- Thrifted
Purse- HnM
Shoes- Random Boutique
Accessories
Sunglasses- Dapmod, gold hopped earrings, White beaded bracelets



I sincerely apologise for the lack of regular posts. I’ve been struggling with my 8-5pm job and finding time to blog but believe me it has been a workload but I truly appreciate the opportunity. The last couple of weeks have been pretty hectic and also fun. I attended the NFB yardsale and I’ll dishing out the deets in my next post.  Thanks for reading guys

Let's Connect





27 comments on "STYLE || OFF SHOULDER X DIY FRAYED DENIM"
  1. This look is sooo gorgeous. Fraying the pants must have been hectic. Your job is 8-5?! Wow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks dear. Yes oh, fraying this jeans wasn't easy at all but I'm glad it paid off. I've joined the 8-5pm working gang.

      Delete
  2. You look amazing girl . I can't also get over the off shoulder trend and I live for chokers too.

    thoniabankz.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks dear.Lol, I noticed how much you love the trend.

      Delete
  3. 😍😍 please come and take me shopping.love the look😍😍

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks love.Just contact me whenever you are ready.I'm game😉

      Delete
  4. Awesome ����, love the denim��

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks dear.Yipee, I'm so glad you checked out my post.I hope you will come back again

      Delete
  5. Forget the off shoulder let's focus on the jeans. They are amazing. You should definitely share the Diy tutorial. Really love this look, love the way you paired it and your white accessories lovely.
    Well I rocked the trend last year so does that count?
    Itsdivadiaries.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks dear, i'm seriously thinking of sharing some DIY posts. I'll do that soon hopefully when I can balance blogging with work.
      Yeah, last year or this year, it still counts and I forgot to even mention this in the post, you are one of the many bloggers that inspired me to Join the off shoulder bandwagon. I should edit the post though.

      Delete
  6. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the jeans most!!! Those shades make you look like cat woman, don't worry it's a good thing. Welcome to the bad gang and happy new month baby girl!

    www.toyinwithfashion.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. You never cease to amaze me dear. I'm so in love with this look. Great post!
    So you thrifted without me ehn :'(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks love. Lol, I didn't exactly go thrifting I went to get something else at Yaba when I saw the pair of jeans and I decided to get them. Don't worry we are still on for our thrifting date, hopefully next weekend.

      Delete
  11. Simple and chic. I love it. I'm definitely a Lastma on this off shoulder trend. The jeans! Creative.
    Laitanbee Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol,lastma how? Thanks dear. I'm glad you think so

      Delete
  12. Eh ehn? See me thinking it was for less endowed girls who didn't have to wear bra. Lol.
    You look great love and I especially like how you finished the look with the material choker necklace.

    Lhurve Davies

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks love.Lol,irony of life. I'm glad I'm more enlighten now.

      Delete
  13. I must admit, I love the frayed hem jeans, welcome to the off shoulder gang Girl. Heheheh

    ReplyDelete
  14. You look gorgeous dear love the colours on your top and wow your frayed jeans 💯💯 nice job the offshoulder trend seems like it is here to stay 😉

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks love. Yes oh, I don't think this trend is going out of style anytime soon and I had to join the bandwagon. I don't want to be a lastma(lol)

      Delete
  15. Thanks for sharing this quality information with us. I really enjoyed reading. Will surely going to share this URL with my friends. https://www.ifchic.com/113_iro

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I'm so glad you enjoyed reading it.

      Delete

Your opinion means a lot to me. Don't forget to share your thoughts with me by leaving your comment

Custom Post Signature